Welcome to Coast Education Dyslexia Specialists
We are Dyslexia, DSA and Specific Learning Difficulty Specialists. We offer Face-To-Face and Remote Full Diagnostic Assessments. Face-To-Face assessments are carried out in Lancing and Bristol. Please contact us if you would like a remote assessment. These are accepted, from the 1st March 2021 onwards, as evidence for application for the Disabled Students' Allowance (see SASC) and are as valid as Face-to-Face assessments. Please email Denise at email@example.com if you would like a remote assessment. You still need to complete questionnaires and will be posted out some materials.
1. Full Dyslexia Assessments (either for a child age 7-15 inclusive, or adult 16+) for a firm diagnosis.
2.Screening assessments to assess the likelihood of dyslexia and measure current achievement.
3. The Dyslexia Portfolio. This is for children only and places them on a Dyslexia Index. It is NOT a firm diagnosis.
If you are thinking of booking a screening, check with your child's school first, as many do their own screenings.
1. Print off a questionnaire or ask us for a paper copy - there are two parts for children, one for school and one for home.
2. Return the home part of the questionnaire to us.
3. Give your child's school their part (if appropriate)
4. Book your assessment online (or call us if you prefer) (you do not need the school questionnaire part back to make a booking).
(You can make payment upon booking, via BACS upon the invoice receipt, or on the day).
5. Attend the assessment in Lancing (BN15 8UE). There is a coffee/rest room if you would like to wait.
6. Your assessment report will be posted and emailed within a set time. Full Diagnostic Assessment Reports are very comprehensive and adhere to the SASC and Government Criteria.
Assessments are carried out by Denise Hawkes, who holds a current Assessment Practicing Certificate (APC) and
is registered with Patoss and the British Dyslexia Association. She also has a full online current enhanced Disclosure and Baring Certificate. She has nearly 30 years experience working with children and has 'a few' of her own!
LATEST TESTIMONIAL NEWS - ASSESSMENT FEEDBACK
14th February 2022
'We always recommend you and the families you have worked with have always been so pleased with your work - so thank you!'
Mrs A. Cornish, Assistant Headteacher - Inclusion,
New Horizons Seaside Primary