Spring Term 2022 Welcome to Coast Education and Coast Dyslexia - South East England
We are Dyslexia, DSA and Specific Learning Difficulty Specialists. We are located close to the A27. Access is easy from Brighton, Worthing and surrounding areas. We have plentiful free parking. If you are bringing your son or daughter for assessment, we have a refreshments and work room if you prefer to wait, or a beach and shops close-by if you prefer to wander!
We carry out assessments and screenings.
We offer three options:
1. Full Dyslexia Assessments (either for a child age 7-15 inclusive, or adult 16+) for a firm diagnosis.
2.Screening assessments to assess the likelihood of dyslexia and measure current achievement.
3. The Dyslexia Portfolio. This is for children only and places them on a Dyslexia Index. It is NOT a firm diagnosis.
If you are thinking of booking a screening, check with your child's school first, as many do their own screenings.
1. Print off a questionnaire or ask us for a paper copy - there are two parts for children, one for school and one for home.
2. Return the home part of the questionnaire to us.
3. Give your child's school their part (if appropriate)
4. Book your assessment online (or call us if you prefer) (you do not need the school questionnaire part back to make a booking).
(You can make payment upon booking, via BACS upon the invoice receipt, or on the day).
5. Attend the assessment in Lancing (BN15 8UE). There is a coffee/rest room if you would like to wait.
6. Your assessment report will be posted and emailed within a set time. Full Diagnostic Assessment Reports are very comprehensive and adhere to the SASC and Government Criteria.
Assessments are carried out by Denise Hawkes, who holds a current Assessment Practicing Certificate (APC) and
is registered with Patoss and the British Dyslexia Association. She also has a full online current enhanced Disclosure and Baring Certificate. She has nearly 30 years experience working with children and has 'a few' of her own!
LATEST TESTIMONIAL NEWS - ASSESSMENT FEEDBACK
14th February 2022
'We always recommend you and the families you have worked with have always been so pleased with your work - so thank you!'
Mrs A. Cornish, Assistant Headteacher - Inclusion,
New Horizons Seaside Primary